- • 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
• 1 medium white onion, diced
• 1 jalapeno, diced
• 5 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tbsp Crove Fajita Rub
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 16 ounce crushed tomatoes
• 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
• Juice of 2 limes
• 10 corn tortillas + oil for frying
- Sautee minced onion, garlic, and jalapeno in butter until soft. Add in tomatoes, chicken stock, chopped cilantro, seasoning and lime juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, add oil to a pot over medium-high heat. Cut tortillas into strips and fry for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Salt immediately after frying.
- Remove chicken after 30 minutes and shred. Add chicken back to the soup and remove from heat. Serve with tortilla strips and cheese.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!