Bourbon Berry Pancakes
Ingredients for Pancakes:
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
Ingredients for Blueberry Bourbon Reduction:
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients for the pancake batter (all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt).
- Next, whisk in the milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Whisk together until the batter is smooth.
- Heat up a large, oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until both sides are golden brown. Then, repeat until you have used all of the batter.
- In a clean skillet, add 4 tbsp. of butter and melt it over medium heat. Then add the sugar and blueberries and stir it together.
- Next, you will flambe’ with bourbon. Please be very careful with this step because the alcohol will make flames once it is lit. Pour your choice of bourbon over the blueberries and then very carefully use a lighter to set it on fire. Quickly move the pan around in a circular motion until the flames die down. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes after the flames have died, or until the sauce is reduced and the blueberries are soft.
- Assemble the pancakes on a plate with butter and then pour the blueberry bourbon reduction on top. Add syrup and whipped topping to make these extra delicious!
Watch the video here
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!