The Perfect Prime Rib
Prime rib roast is one of our favorite Christmas recipes! This whole ribeye is cooked in the oven slowly, then seared on our Big Green Egg with Cowboy Charcoal to get that delicious crust! Watch my newest Christmas Prime Rib video here!
- 1 Rib Roast
- Beef stock
Horseradish Cream Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 3 Tbsp Prepared Horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring a rib roast to room temperature and set oven to 250 degrees.
- Finely chop rosemary and mix that in a small bowl with Crove Food Co. Beef Rub & Seasoning.
- Rub rib roast with olive oil and rub generously with the rosemary salt and get it well coated at least 30 minutes before you start cooking it.
- Place rib roast on a wire rack over a roasting tray. Pour beef stock into the bottom of the roasting tray and add a few shakes of Crove Food Co. Beef Rub & Seasoning in with the beef stock. The beef stock and rub will catch all of the drippings from the prime rib as it cooks and will make a delicious au jus.
- Place in oven for 3-4 hours depending on the size of your roast. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature and remove from oven when it is 115 degrees Fahrenheit internal.
- Pour the drippings/au jus from the roasting tray into a small container and reserve for later.
- Let the roast rest for 20-30 minutes before searing. Sear on each side for 60 seconds over very hot charcoal or until a crust develops.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes and slice.
- Pour the au jus in a sauce pan and reduce it over medium heat.
- Mix together all ingredients for the horseradish cream sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!