Steak Fajita Quesadillas
- 2 Skirt Steaks
- 2 cups Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Crove Food Co. Fajita Rub & Seasoning
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 package Extra Large Tortillas
- 1 package of Shredded Cheese (we used White American)
- Combine all Carne Asada ingredients in a Ziplock bag to create the marinade. Add steak, mix well, and refrigerate for 2-12 hours until time to grill.
- While that is marinating, slice up your peppers and onions and go ahead and grill those over high heat GrillGrates on the flat side.
- Next, remove the steak from the marinade. Grill for 3-5 minutes over high heat over GrillGrates on the opposite side (rails up). Use a thermometer to reach your preferred doneness.
- Remove from heat, let rest for 10 minutes, and slice into bite-size pieces.
- Then, you are ready to assemble your quesadillas. On one side of an extra large tortilla, layer cheese, peppers, onions, and steak then fold it in half.
- Flip your GrillGrates back over to the flat side and butter them up. Place quesadillas on the GrillGrates and flip when the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove from the GrillGrates. Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!