Chicken Al Pastor Tacos
These pineapple adobo chicken tacos were outstanding! We cooked them al pastor style of the new Traeger! This experimental recipe turned out better than I anticipated!
- 6-10 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 7 oz Can of Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 6-8 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 White Onion
- 3-4 Tbsp Crove Food Co. Fajita Rub & Seasoning
- The first step is to marinate the boneless skinless chicken thighs. Mix together the adobo sauce. Ideally, let them sit overnight in the adobo marinade in the fridge, but at least for a few hours.
- From there, we cut them in half and skewered them to the pineapple. Our idea was to let them cook al pastor style and make street tacos! Once they were skewered, we put them on the Traeger at 500 degrees. It took about 1.5-2 hours for the center of the meat to reach 165 degrees and once it did we removed it.
Once removed we simply sliced it off of the skewers into bite size pieces and made some tacos. We had some standard pico de gallo so we decided to take a chunk of pineapple, dice it up, and add that to the pico to match the flavor profile!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!