French Onion Soup
This French Onion Soup is the perfect soup to warm you up on a cold day. We can’t wait for you to try it out!
- 5 onions (red and/or yellow)
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Cups Beef Stock
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 5 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 3 Tbsp Dry Sherry
- 1 Baguette
- 1 Block of Gruyere
- Thinly slice onions with a sharp knife or a mandolin. Add butter and olive oil to a stock pot or dutch oven and add in the onions. Add a heavy pinch of salt, stir, and allow onions to caramelize. This process will take around 45 minutes. Stir every 5-7 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan after 45 minutes with sherry and white wine. Add beef stock, a heavy pinch of salt and pepper, and a bundle of thyme and bay leaves tied together. Simmer for 20 minutes and finish with a tbsp of butter.
- Brush Sliced bagguette pieces with olive oil and bake at 425 degrees until browned.
- Add shredded gruyere, baguettes, and more gruyere to oven safe bowl. Stick under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until melted.
Watch the video here
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!