Creamy Tortellini Soup
My wife sent me this recipe from Brita Cooks, so I had to try it out! Brita Cooks is the "Soup Queen" in my opinion. I changed up a few things and it was amazing! Try it out and check out Brita Cooks on TikTok!
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 3-5 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 oz. Sun-dried tomatoes
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 carton of chicken stock (approx. 4 cups)
- Parmesan rind
- 12 oz. Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Chicken thighs
- Crushed red pepper
- Crove Beef Rub
- Basil, for garnish
- Begin by chopping up your onion, celery and garlic.
- In a large pot heated over medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp. butter. Sauté the onion and celery for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add a pinch of salt and crushed red pepper.
- Next, add in chopped garlic and 2 oz of sun-dried tomatoes. Add a few shakes of Crove Beef Rub. Continue to sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes directly into the pot. Stir to incorporate and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Then add 4 cups of chicken stock and the parmesan rind. Bring this to a boil.
- Add in the raw chicken thighs. Let them cook in the broth for about 25 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken and shred it. Remove the parmesan rind and discard it. While you are shredding the chicken add in the three cheese tortellini to the pot.
- Reduce to a simmer. Add in the shredded chicken and heavy whipping cream and a few shakes of Crove Beef Rub. Stir to incorporate. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with shaved parmesan and basil. Serve and enjoy!
Watch the video here
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!