6 months ago, I started making some nachos and I was disappointed that I didn’t have the perfect cheese to chip ratio for my nachos. I decided to change that forever by creating a new way to find an even distribution of toppings for each chip. I decided to put everything in a pot and layer the nachos so that the liquid cheese would evenly coat every chip. I then flipped the pot upside down with a plate over it to provide a perfect plate of nachos. I have made these a few other times for TikTok and every time they have gone viral. More and more people are tagging us in their own versions of these eye-popping nachos and they look so good! Be sure to tag us on Instagram or TikTok if you make these and we will certainly share it with our community!
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag. Add chicken thighs and mix thoroughly.
- Place in refrigerator and marinate for 2-12 hours.
- 1 lb White American Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- 2 tbsp Diced Green Chiles
- 3 C Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Fajita Rub
- 2 Limes
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Melt butter over medium low heat and add milk. (start chopping up the cheese into cubes)
- Toss in green chiles and fajita rub.
- Add in your cheese and slowly stir until melted.
- Add more milk to make it thinner and more cheese to make it thicker.
Tortilla Chip Ingredients
- 1 Package of Yellow Corn Tortillas
- Oil for frying (vegetable and canola work great)
- Lime Juice
- Preheat your oil to 350 degrees.
- Cut your tortillas into quarters and add them to the hot oil.
- Fry for 3-5 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy
- Finish with salt and fresh lime juice.
- Dice the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic and cilantro and add to a bowl.
- Add in the seasonings and lime juice.
- Stir and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill your chicken over high heat. We used our Traeger Ironwood 885 and set it to 500 degrees. We grilled it for 5 minutes before flipping it and grilled it until it reached 165 degrees internal.
- Remove the chicken, hit it with some fresh lime juice, and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into bite sized pieces.
- Get a larger pot and sprinkle some of your pico in the bottom. Next add your queso and chicken and then your chips. Repeat this process in layers to allow for even distribution of your toppings. Place a plate or cooking tray over the large pot and flip it upside down to reveal your nachos! If you use store bought chips, they will get soggy pretty quickly compared to homemade chips so do not assemble the nachos until you are ready to eat.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!