Cacio e Pepe
- 8 oz spaghetti
- ½ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 2 ½ tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Toast 1 tbsp. black pepper or black peppercorn over high heat to open up the flavors in the bottom of your pot.
- Leaving the pepper in the bottom of the pot, fill your pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat to cook the pasta.
- Add a small handful of salt and the pasta to boiling water.
- Cook pasta, stirring occasionally until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, grate your cheese.
- Drain pasta, reserving 2/3 cup pasta water in a medium sized bowl.
- In the bowl with water, add your grated cheese a little bit at a time and stir it around until the cheese is melted and a sauce forms.
- After the spaghetti has cooled down a little bit, add a tbsp of butter. Toss the spaghetti, butter, and the cheese sauce together until everything has melted together to form a creamy sauce.
- Top with grated cheese and more black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Watch the video here
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!