Pigs in a Blanket
We served these appetizers at the Arkansas Tailgate Tour stop. I chose to make Pigs in a Blanket. We were in the home of the hogs, so Pigs in a Blanket were the perfect choice! These are so simple and easy to make! With literally only 3 ingredients, you can’t mess these up. I used smoked sausage, crescent rolls, and pepper jack cheese, but to level these up, serve them with a honey mustard, spicy ranch, or your favorite sauce. You can add anything into the rolls before you cook them like bacon, shredded cheese, spices, sauce, etc. Let us know how you make them your own!
- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- 1 tube Crescent Rolls
- 4-6 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- Preheat your smoker to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the smoked sausage directly on the grates and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through until it reaches an internal temperature of 165-degree Fahrenheit.
- On a cutting board, roll out a whole tube of crescent rolls. Keep them in a “sheet”. On top of that sheet lay out slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Cut your sausage to the width of the crescent rolls, then roll the sausage up in the crescent roll until the sausage is completely covered. Cut the crescent roll and tuck the ends in. Repeat this step until all the ingredients have been used.
- Place the pigs in a blanket in an aluminum pan and cook on your smoker until the rolls are golden brown.
- Remove from the smoker and slice into bite sized pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!