Mountain Dew Spark Shrimp Nachos
Mountain Dew challenged us to make some shrimp nachos using their new product, Mountain Dew Spark. Given the drink is light and citrusy, this was the perfect marinade for shrimp!
Pineapple Mango Pico De Gallo Ingredients
- 4 Roma Tomatoes – diced
- ½ Red Onion – diced
- 1 Jalapeno – diced
- ¼ Cup Cilantro – chopped
- ½ Cloves of Garlic – minced
- 2 tsp Salt, Pepper, Cayenne
- Juice of 1 Lime
- ¼ Cup diced pineapple
- ¼ Cup diced mango
- In a bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients. Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Combine all of the pico ingredients in a bowl, mix well and refrigerate.
- Prepare your grill for high heat cooking. We have our Traeger set to 500 degrees.
- Prepare your shrimp on a cutting board so they are stacked tightly on top of each other. Run two skewers through your stack of shrimp. Season both sides with blackened seasoning.
- Place your skewers over the grill and cook for 2-4 minutes per side, until the shrimp are firm.
- Prepare your nachos by layers them in a pot. Place your toppings in first, followed by your queso and tortilla chips. Repeat this process in layers to allow for even distribution of your toppings. Place a plate or cooking tray over the large pot and flip it upside down to reveal your nachos!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!