Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3-4 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups queso quesadilla cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Crove Fajita Rub
- 1/4 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1//4 cup Allegro Original Marinade
Pico de Gallo:
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon Crove Fajita Rub
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Stir together well.
- Place the chicken thighs in a Ziplock baggie, then pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and rub the marinade into the chicken.
- Put the baggie in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Next, you will make the Pico de Gallo. Dice up the ingredients for the pico and mix together in a medium sized bowl. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Slice up 1/2 onion and 1 green bell pepper. Set aside until ready to saute.
- Place a medium sized skillet on the grill and melt butter in it. When melted, add the sliced onion and bell pepper and saute. Add the chicken to the grill as well.
- Flip the chicken halfway through and grill until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Then remove the chicken, onions and bell pepper from the grill.
- Slice the chicken into thin pieces.
- Assemble the quesadillas with shredded cheese, chicken, pico de gallo, and more cheese. Fold the quesadilla in half. Repeat two more times, or until you have used all of your fillings.
- Place your GrillGrates on your grill with the flat side up, which will serve as a griddle. Butter the griddle and add the quesadillas. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until the cheese in melted.
- Slice the quesadillas and enjoy!
Watch the video here
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!