Smoked Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. Crove Fajita Rub
- 1/2 pound white American cheese, shredded
- 1 large can red enchilada sauce
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, diced avocado, sour cream
- 8 tomatillos, diced
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp Crove Fajita Rub
- Pre-heat your smoker to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and season the boneless skinless chicken thighs with Crove Fajita Rub.
- Put the chicken on the smoker until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the smoker and shred it in a bowl.
- Mix the shredded chicken with 1/2 of the cheese and 1/2 cup salsa verde.
- Spoon the filling onto the tortillas and roll them up.
- Place them seam side down in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over them.
- Place them in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with remaining shredded cheese. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour the remaining salsa verde on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Watch the video here
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!