- 1 large Vidalia onion
- 3 cups AP flour
- 4 tbsp. Crove All-Purpose Beef Rub
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 gallon frying oil (peanut, canola, vegetable)
Bloomin’ Onion Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. Crove All-Purpose Beef Rub
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Mix well then cover and place in the fridge.
- Whisk egg and milk in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, all-purpose beef rub, and paprika.
- Peel the onion and cut an inch off of the top. Place the onion flat side down on a cutting board root-end up. Cut from the root down in 12-16 sections around the onion to form the petals. (See video linked below)
- Place the onion in the flour mixture and cover well.
- Then place the onion in the egg/milk mixture, and then dunk it back in the flour once more.
- Fry at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes. Flip and fry for another 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy with the dipping sauce!
Watch the video here
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends!